VTRID is excited to announce that registration is now open for our May Retreat!!! After much planning we have put together an awesome weekend and are so excited to see you all there.These last two years have brought a number of changes to our small Deaf and interpreting communities. The landscape of our community and our work is changing and the VTRID board feels we need to face these changes head on and be active participants in guiding the future of VTRID and Interpreting in Vermont.“Who Are We & Where Are We Going?”Workshops topics for the weekend include: Identity, Deaf Community Forum, Who we are, VTRID: Where Are We Going, and the VTRID business meeting.We will also be raffling off 3 gift baskets for the Yolande Henry Community Fund – with a grand prize basket of a weekend get away at Smugglers Notch!!Check out the registration flyer and email us with and questions!!!
Payment Through PayPal 133.52
VERMONT RID MISSION STATEMENT (2014)
The Vermont Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (VTRID) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization of interpreters, Deaf community members and other allies, which collaborates to ensure that high-quality American Sign Language-English interpretation throughout the state is provided with the utmost integrity and respect.
Together, we shall accomplish this by:
* Being a resource to Vermont community regarding interpreter role, services, and the field of interpreting
* Fostering respect, community relationships, and competence of cross-cultural interactions
* Encouraging and supporting interpreters in achieving and maintaining national certification
* Promoting the RID/NAD Code of Professional Conduct for interpreters and transliterators
* Providing and/or hosting workshops, trainings, and mentorship opportunities for interpreters
* Lobbying for key legislation in the VT State Legislature on bills affecting Deaf rights and the sign language interpreting profession