Workshop Nov 04
See Workshops for more info.
VERMONT RID MISSION STATEMENT (2014)
The Vermont Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (VTRID) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization of interpreters, Deaf community members and other allies, which collaborates to ensure that high-quality American Sign Language-English interpretation throughout the state is provided with the utmost integrity and respect.
Together, we shall accomplish this by:
* Being a resource to Vermont community regarding interpreter role, services, and the field of interpreting
* Fostering respect, community relationships, and competence of cross-cultural interactions
* Encouraging and supporting interpreters in achieving and maintaining national certification
* Promoting the RID/NAD Code of Professional Conduct for interpreters and transliterators
* Providing and/or hosting workshops, trainings, and mentorship opportunities for interpreters
* Lobbying for key legislation in the VT State Legislature on bills affecting Deaf rights and the sign language interpreting profession